About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Friday, June 3, 2011

About my Signature Tree: The one at the top of every blog!

The tree shown at the top of every blog is my signature tree. It comes up every time someone looks at my blog. I would be remiss if I didn't talk about it a little. First of all, this is my absolute favorite of all the trees I have ever done (and there have been hundreds). This tree was the entrance tree one of the years I decorated. I personally think it was the best. Here is the tree again from another angle to give you the full entrance view. 


This view doesn't show the top of the tree, but it does show the entrance as you would see it if you were a customer walking into the store. The wall behind the tree has a variety of sheer panels hanging. I then took a panel of each sheer color and twisted it and draped it across the top to give it a curtain affect. I did the same thing around the entrance door and around the base of the tree. Around the entrance I hung some of the large and small clear glass balls to give it a complimentary look to the tree. In the tree itself, I placed Angels that had dresses and robes in the same type of fabrics and colors in the tree. I made a flower garland and wrapped it around the tree. In this flower garland, you will find leaf picks with coppery mauve tones, flower picks with purple, mauve, and white, and berry picks with burgundy, purple, and copper colors. There are 6 Angels in the tree. These Angels were about 18" in height and are made of porcelain.  They were over $200.00 each. I used an assortment of clear see through ornaments that give the tree a beautiful sparkling jewel toned look. There are also an assortment of sparkle glass balls in the tree with a blue/purple color to bring out some of the rich royal colors. Golds and Purple colors have always been associated with royalty. On the outer most part of the tree, I added lots and lots of icicles, and lastly gold shimmering Angels hair. This display took me about a week to do. I am not a professional curtain hanger, but I think I did a nice job. This was a ten foot full American Fir tree. Again, thank you for reading and if you try this tree, give yourself plenty of time to complete it. The final retail price on this tree was probably around $4000.00 easily the most expensive tree I have done to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment