About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Decorating for Halloween (inside and out) Part II

Visit urbanchristmas on youtube.com

Okay, so in the first post of decorating for Halloween (inside and out) I was getting tired so I left out the outside part. So, here is part two that will show some unusual things to do outdoors. I am one of those persons who absolutely hate waste. I also hate throwing anything away. Well, there are lots of old Halloween costumes hanging out around the house that are to small for anyone to wear. These are a couple of ideas I had for giving them new life.


For this Halloween outdoor decoration, I used an old rubber mask to cover up the lamp post in the yard. I used a coat hanger to make a small vampire cape look like it was covering a body. At night with the light on it looked like a scary light up monster.


For this yard decoration, I just hung a skeleton on one side of the awning. On the other side I used a Scream mask and outfit (again on a hanger ) and hung it under the awning. The spooky candle holders are inside the house, but can be seen in the window.


For this yard decoration, I used an old vampire costume with hood. I used a skeleton mask and a bloody chest plate and put them on a tree. I used green iridescent spiderweb to make it glow and attached lots of spiders scurrying all over the tree.


This yard display is different because many people use electric light-up decorations. I used Halloween candle decorations. If you use scented candles your yard not only looks pretty but smells nice too. Hang Halloween decorations from the roof and a few yard signs and it's a cute simple decorative yard.


This is a closer look at some of the yard candles.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice decoration ideas...
    IT is really very good ideas to decorate the Halloween event and make fun..

    Scavenger Hunt Ideas

    ReplyDelete