About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Re-using Halloween Trick-or-Treat Baskets

Don't throw away those old Halloween trick-or-treat baskets and bags. Re-use them. Here is one I designed this year. This basket is a little nicer basket than usual and I couldn't throw it away and didn't want to sell it. This first picture is the basket and what I plan on putting in it. 


The first thing I did was place the 1/2 Styrofoam ball into the basket. I never glue anything down if I can help it, because I like to change things around every so often. 
After I place the Styrofoam in, I add the flowers. I bought the flower in one bunch, so I used wire cutters to cut them away from the main stem. I push them into the Styrofoam which holds them in place. 

Lastly, I put in the scarecrow on a stick in the basket. Because it was on a stick it pushed into the Styrofoam just as easily as the flowers. This is quite easy, and very cute to use in a Halloween display and continue it over into Thanksgiving.

After the holidays, you can cover this with a plastic bag and keep till next year, or take it apart and remake a different variation for next year. Fun and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment