About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Decorating for Easter: Not to different from Christmas

Well, it isn't Christmas anymore. It's June, and 98 degrees outside. But I'm writing about Easter. Easter is a great holiday to decorate for. In this picture I use two kinds of trees. One is a white Christmas tree and the other is called a twig tree. Make sure to use lights with white cords when decorating for Easter.



I like to use novelty lights in the trees also. When decorating the trees, you can follow the same directions as for the Christmas trees. I use ribbons with more pastel colors. All the easter egg ornaments that are made for outside can be hung on the trees inside. I put Easter baskets right into the tree. If you can't find Easter figurines to put in the tree looks for some plush easter animals that are sold around Easter time and put those in the tree. Under the tree for a skirt just put a soft colored material in pink, yellow, blue or any other pastel color. For any Eastery affect, lay some Easter grass on top and throw some decorated eggs under the tree. I have used paper ribbons in trees for some usual affects. The other thing I like to use if silk flowers and moss. In some of the next photos, you will see where I actually laid brick and used flowers and moss for an outdoor look. Just lay plastic on the floor to keep you carpet from getting ruined.


If you want the trees to be different heights, just use a box with material on top to make them higher. Another way to add height is to use a prop. The next photos shows what I did one year to make an unual display. I used an old fashioned sleigh. I wrapped material around the bottom so the bottom wouldn't show. Then I took old wagon wheels and hooked them on to the sleigh and made it look like a wagon. Place the trees on top and decorate all around the wagon






















No comments:

Post a Comment