About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Friday, June 29, 2012

More Easter

Easter is a special time of year. It's a celebration of Spring. Here is an Easter display featuring a running water fountain. The local greenhouse graciously gave us a water fountain on loan. I put a plaque up so people would know where it came from and they sold out twice! Again, in this picture, note that I laid brick down and used moss and fake dandelions between the bricks. I arranged a variety of Easter trees behind the water fountain. Overhead I pulled apart grapevine wreaths and used more moss hanging down. It had the feel of deep south state. This picture was taken with an instant camera so the quality isn't as good (sorry).

This next picture is of a Christmas tree, but because of the look and coloring, could be used for Easter and Spring. The ornaments are moss houses. There is a lot of silk flowers, pine cones, moss and ribbons in the tree. If you look on the wall left of the tree you will see an 8 foot long flower garland. I made that garland and that's what you see on the tree. The flower garland had so many flowers and berry sprays mixed in it retailed for about $100 per garland. You can use any colors you like. It's held together using floral tape. For the garland on the tree I wove in an extra string of light. This tree was fun, but a lot of work.


No comments:

Post a Comment