About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Friday, June 29, 2012

Creating a Special tree just for you!



These next two trees that you will see are unique in their own way. The first tree was made special for a client who came and asked me to decorate her tree. She happened to spot a ribbon we were selling that matched the fabric of her furniture. I thought surely she was mistaken but when I went to her home...sure enough it was a perfect match. She had some ornaments of her own and she bought some additional from the shop. Of course we used the matching ribbon. The colors in her tree are blue, burgundy, gold and a touch of green.

 When you look at the curtains behind the tree, you notice the curtains were a perfect match also. She used a variety of large and small ornaments which gave her tree depth. The tree is a Blue Spruce 8 foot wide tree. This is a one of a kind tree for a wonderful one of a kind lady.


    

This next tree is a special kind of tree also. I have done many trees similar, but none of them ever come out the same. This type of tree is special for each home and person who does their trees this way. The ribbon is double sided. One side has gold lame' and the other side is like christmas scenes with ribbons, bears, and toys. Many items could be purchased from the store and used such as drums, dolls, bears, and assorted other items. What makes each tree different are the assortment of ornament that most keep as keepsakes over the years. This is the perfect kind of tree to hang anything on from pewter ornaments to picture frame ornaments. The tree holds them all...this is what makes each tree unique. I did this tree is my home when my child was young. I took clear glass balls that had an opening in one side. I filled each open ball with a Beanie Baby toy. I hung older not played with toys all over the tree. Tie the tree together with a matching ribbon, and add your favorite ornaments and your all set.


No comments:

Post a Comment