About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Saturday, June 18, 2022

Boho Ornaments with Flair 


These pictures are of ornaments I have made in the last couple days. One is done using a fine thread that normally people use to make macrame jewelry. It took me about five hours to do this one. It's very fine and a little difficult to work with. Also, since I have only been doing this a short time I'm a little slower. Hopefully I'll pick up the pace eventually. I am having a fun time doing it because I find it relaxing. It's got the same effect as popping bubble wrap for me. 


The second ornament is made with a thicker thread, and larger beads. Because of this it is much easier to work with and I finished it in about one and a half hours. They don't seem to be as popular, but I think they would be great on a themed tree such as farm house Christmas tree or a garden Christmas tree. You could use a off white ribbon or a mix of ribbons Blue plaid would look great too! I added a little ribbon and  some glitter inside to glitz it up a little. Use lots of greenery and these types ornaments would look great. 


This last ornament was very popular. Again because of the thread it took me about five hours. I think it would be pretty with nothing inside, but it also looks great with sea foam netting. I also added some of the beads that are on the outside to the inside. Here are the videos showing it both ways.


 


I hope you enjoyed this blog and maybe look at some of the other blogs I have written. There is a lot of information to facilitate in Christmas decorating. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment