About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Carry your Christmas Theme throughout the Room

Christmas is a beautiful time of the year, and most people love to decorate more in their house than just the Christmas tree. One way of doing this is to create matching wreaths and hang them on the wall above a fire place or in place of a picture that was there. (Just put the picture behind the sofa that's against the wall. It will be fine for the month that you hang a wreath in it's place.)

Most people have some ribbon and flowers and a few ornaments left over after they finish the tree. If you don't, try buying just a little extra the next time you shop for Christmas decorations. Use these extras to create a wreath that matches your tree. If you wove the ribbon through the tree but didn't make bows, you can do that to a wreath. You can also switch and make bows, it will still look like it belongs because your using the same ribbon. Add in some of the flowers and ornaments. It carries the theme into other areas of the room. If your using large items in the wreath, make sure you tie them in so they will stay put. I have put large collectables in wreaths has well as trees. Some of the following photos will explain perhaps better than my writing. 


I know I showed this picture before, but it's perfect to show what I mean about the wreath matching your tree. The wreath was extremely simple to do but looks very sophisticated. I used more of the gold lame material to create a fan shape where I would have placed a bow and then wove the material through the wreath. I had one large Angel plaque left and tied it into the wreath. Notice the bead garland...it also matches what I did with the beads in the tree. I used one string of each kind of bead garland to swag it into the wreath to match the tree. There is nothing else on this wreath, it's a very simple but sophisticated design.


The tree on the left is the one that matches the wreath in this picture. Again, it's very simple and carries the theme throughout the room. I used matching ribbon woven through the wreath with one bow. I then tied in a large collectable Santa into the center of the wreath. The tree has the same type of Santas in the tree with matching ribbon, bows and some Santa icicles. This tree was called "Santa's Delight". The Santas used were Clothtique Santas.




This tree and the following wreath are a perfect match. The same paper mache Santa is used in each. Everything else in this wreath is dried flowers and a few silk flowers. I also added in pine cones and eucalyptus leaves. The tree has the same flowers and outdoorsy look. I recreated this tree for LTV Steel Co. (no longer in business) and the tree won the premiere award in the Annual Angel's for Easter Seals Parade of Christmas trees.
This tree is very out doors looking, and brick was laid under the tree, along with a picket fence and large rocks (Look for an upcoming blog about what to place under the tree).



No comments:

Post a Comment