About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Using Flowers and Ribbon in the Tree

In this blog, I address using Flowers, ribbons, or "whatever you like", to create uniformity in your tree.

In the second stage of decorating (after the balls and beads) I use either ribbon, flowers or material as another type of garland around the tree. The purpose of doing this is to unify the theme of the tree. If you use something on the top of the tree, use it again (at least three more times) through out the tree. "I know, many people have a special star or Angel they put on top." That's okay, just put some flowers behind it then use the flowers again through out the tree. By doing this, you can really give your tree that professional look and the whole tree has a unifying look. 



Tree description: For this tree, I didn't make the top of the tree the focal point. I made the focal point the center of the tree. The baskets in the tree are the focal point. I did tie the theme of the tree together by using bows made of ribbon. There is a bow at the top of the tree with exact duplicates placed in other areas of the tree. I used some flowers with the bows also. The ribbon and flowers are what unified this tree, and the colors of the ornaments, ribbons, and flowers lent to the colors of the baskets. The entire tree is done in varying shades of purple and green.

Other items that can be used in a tree as a tree topper or focal point are Santa figurines, Angels, Stars, Baskets, Bows, Treasure Chests, and Flower arrangements. The list is endless...The only thing that would end this list is your imagination.

This next tree is for music lovers: Imagine a Tuba in a Tree. The entire tree is decorated using musical instruments, musical notes, and musical ornaments. The Tuba is real, it weighed a ton:-)


This next tree has Treasure Chests in it. I used beaded garland and clear colored balls to make it look like it was filled with precious jewels. It's actually a very colorful and bright tree.



This last tree I actually did in my own home. I love Candy Canes and wanted to add them to the theme of my tree. I use Polonaise ornaments and wanted to give my tree a fresh new look. By changing the ribbons (Walmarts) and adding the giant candy canes (Dollar General Market) it has a new look. I only spent $25.00 and have a whole new look! If you wait till after Christmas, you can find some awesome deals.




So, to sum it up: The first tree is pulled together with the bows and baskets. The second tree is pulled together by ribbon and flowers (The focal point is the Tuba in the center of the tree). The third tree had the same ornaments all over the tree, with the focal point being the Treasure Chests in the tree. The fourth and last tree is the one candy canes shooting out the top of the tree, and also out of various spots throughout the tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment