About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Putting Collectables in your Christmas Tree.






Putting Collectables in a Christmas Tree? Am I crazy or what? Well you decide, but I think that collectables look great in a Christmas Tree. I like the contrasting colors of white and red for this tree. I used Dept. 56 Snow Babies in this tree. You can actually put any collectable you want in a Christmas Tree.

Here are some tips for putting them in your tree safely. First you need to make space in the tree. This can be done by pushing branches and tying them into the one above and below to hold them apart. You need to get some open areas and this is the way to do that. I did it about every two feet down the tree and all the way around.

Next, you will want to have some chicken wire handy to put over the areas that have to much space so you can make sturdy flat level areas. Lay some cotton batting over this and you won't see the wire.

Place your collectables in the tree. Be sure to use some floral wire to tie them in. If they are to heavy, place them under the tree instead of in it.

Finally decorate around the tree in the areas in between the open areas. Use floras, ribbon, or even decorative bulbs. Throw on some glitter snow and your all set. Make sure to make the tree topper match the rest of the tree or it may not look right. This tree would look funny with a traditional lighted star on the top.
I will add pictures with other collectables at a later date. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment