About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Done lighting the Tree, What's next?

After lighting the tree... What comes next? Ball and Beads!

Usually I place solid colored balls (large and small) through out the inside of the tree. This creates depth because the lights sparkle off the balls. Tip!! If you don't wish to spend as much money, use tinsel garland and wrap it around the inside of the tree. This produces the same affect for less money!

After the balls, the next item I place on the tree is the beaded garland. There are many ways to use the garland. My favorite look is a very droopy look to the garland. I usually place three or more strands together as I place them on the tree, letting them droop the way a person wears more than one necklace (letting each strand hang down longer than the last). This next picture will give you a good idea of what I mean. I used the same affect in the wreath hanging next to the tree to keep the same theme going.

 

Tree description: On this tree I didn't use ribbon. I actually used material and gathered it to make a fan shape. I then draped it down to the next fan shape to give the same affect as having a ribbon garland on the tree. Because of the thickness of this, I didn't need to use any floral in this tree at all. The angel plaque that I used on the top, I carried through the tree and added to the wreath. I used a variety of shapes and sizes in ornaments. The colors I used were gold and cream/white. ** Notice the base of the tree. This is just a type of container you can find at a nursery, people use them to plant flowers and place them on their porches. Notice the matching wreath.

There are numerous ways to use bead garland in a tree. I have used three different strands of beads and tied one end of them together. Then tie that end to a chair (or have a person hold them for you) and braid them, just like your braiding your hair. When you reach the end, tie it off with a bag tie. Place through your tree.



A truly spectacular way to use beads is take one or two strings and loop them like you would loop your water hose. Attach them into your tree with a bag tie. This is extremely pretty if you use a bead garland that is a little different, like this picture. The garland is sugared candy.



The last way I will write about for now is running the bead along through the tree with your ribbon. This is different, and more difficult to do. You will need lots of patience.
Keep it tight and tie it into your bows.


Again, Thanks for reading and have fun with the garlands. They can make a Christmas Tree very beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment