About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Collectables in your Christmas Tree : Here we go Again

Collectables in a Christmas Tree may not be for everyone, but I let's you put out your Christmas Collectables without taking up to much extra space. Most people put a tree up anyway, so why not kill the proverbial two birds with one stone? I found these pictures and thought you might like these ideas also. This first picture shows Snow Babies again, but more of a country feel to it. Not very much glitz. The tree is a Blue Spruce Full, and the Snow Babies have been tied in. Some ribbon is laced through the tree, but the overall effect is very simple.



This next display is Snow Babies in an Upside Down Tree  with a shelving unit built around the bottom to display the larger, heavier pieces. This is a really great look. Check out the giant snow flakes:-)


This next photo is a look at a collection from Enesco. It was called "North Pole Village" (I think). It featured all the reindeer and the elves. This set was adorable. I used the large stuffed elves to make it look like the elves snuck in during the night and put up this tree (it's the one on the left with the elves in it).


Well this is all I have for now. Again, thanks for reading and I hope you getting all kinds of ideas for this next year. Just remember to tie in the collectables or they won't remain collectable for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment