About Me

I have spent many years designing and creating Christmas Trees and displays. I would like to share with you what I have learned, and you are welcome to share you suggestions and ideas also. I hope you enjoy reading these blogs and hope they have helped you add enjoyment to your decorating endeavors. In an effort to make these posts as informative as possible, as I come across photos and information that would be best used in these posts, you may see them change from time to time. Please be patient, as this is always a work in progress. Thank you:-) Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/holidayknights/

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Christmas Villages: One more time

Visit urbanchristmas on youtube.com

I have talked about different ways of displaying Christmas Villages, and found a few more pictures. Yeah, I know I show a lot of pictures. In my defense I'm a very visual person. I believe a picture is worth a thousand words. Early on in my career, when villages where just becoming popular, people displayed them under a tree and many times they had an electric train hooked up to go around too. This next photo is a little display doing just this look. It's not my favorite but when you have very little space it works quite well.


If you look closely, you'll notice a board was used. This kept the houses stable and the train stable. Sometimes a carpet gives, and even a little bit will make the houses look crooked.

This next picture is one of the first displays I ever did for Christmas Villages. A shelving unit was built special for this display. The top shelves were only about a foot in depth. As the shelves progressed down, the depth became deeper. The bottom shelf is approximately two to two and a half feet. It was covered completely in blankets of snow. I laugh when I see it now. It's not bad, but sure doesn't show off the merchandise as well.

These next to pictures will show the villages the way I loved to display them. They just look like real miniature towns and villages. The use of the accessories just makes it come alive.

This next picture is a picture showing the display model of the room during the day. The first Christmas Village article showed the display room at night (lights off), this one is with the lights on. Which is your favorite? Comments are welcome!


Last, but not the least, Dept 56 came out with a Halloween set. I absolutely loved this set. I had lots of houses with movement and sound.


Just as I gave a how to do these displays for the Christmas Village, I did the same with these houses, with one exception. I didn't use snow to cover cords. For this display I used Spanish moss, peat moss, sand stone and regular rocks, and sand. Even miniature fall leaves look great under and around the houses and accessories.
Well, this is the end of this post. I hope you enjoyed and thanks again for reading:-)

Visit urbanchristmas on youtube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment